Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Frightened of doing well...

I am really confused and excited all at the same time! Work has been quite hard but good recently. I identified a number of potential errors and did my best to correct them. It was a stretch for me to do this but after the initial anxieties of calling people I did enjoy it.

What frightened me is my boss asked me to complete an eResume to capture my skills so he can help find tasks for me to do that will increase my experiance. He said that I am really good at what I do and have the ability to drive people to decisions or make them understand the consequences of not making decisions. My supervisor has always said I am good at what I do but I have always just brushed it off.

I do not know how I feel about putting my skills online for everyone at work to see but I do need new challenges all the time to keep my mind busy, I'd also like a few more good pay rises so I can buy some where nice to live.

I have this dream of owning a little sports car, living in a luxury apartment with balcony (or small house with garden) and flying all over europe for work. The problem is that at the moment I feel safe in my job and I am really bad at failing publicly. It might all go wrong but if I never take any risks my dreams will not have a hope of becoming reality!

I am starting to dare myself to believe that I might be good at what I do.

No comments: