Monday, April 07, 2008

My New Flat....

My new flat is great. I have not arranged internet access yet as there is so much to do. I was full of energy and buzzing constantly for weeks and now I have suddenly crashed. I feel drained and I am struggling to concentrate on anything.

I am going to leave work early today and re-join the gym. I am hoping the exercise will get me back into a routine and make the daily tasks easier again.

I saw my psychiatrist in early March and he has reduced my sertraline from 100mg to 75mg and then it will go to 50mg in a few weeks. This is becuase the anxiety has not been worrying me for a long time now and my moods have been swinging a little bit. I always put up with the moderate highs and lows because the fear of changing my medication making me relapse to the state I was in before diagnosis.

Once my sertraline has been reduced he is talking of changing my quetiapine to lamotagrine (sp). apperently it has less side effects of drowsiness and weight gain. I am suffering from both of these at the moment.

My mood is so low today it is having an effect on my ability to work and concentrate. I have not been this low for some time. I cried a lot on Friday evening. I had a great day out with a friend on Saturday and yesterday I slept until 2pm :o(. I came to work today although I feel really rough. I didn't want to let people down and I know staying at home will make the automatic negative thoughts start to race.

In all I'm feeling low and lathargic. I need to sort myself out and re-establish a routine :o(. Also I need to get internet access!

1 comment:

Raine said...

congratulations on moving in and good luck with the meds change. I hope you get internet soon. I worry bout you when you dont post regularly